Monday 28 December 2015

An Introduction Plus An Inquisitor

I figured I'd start a new blog under my old wargaming alias of hellgunneR (yes it's spelled with the capital letter on the end , blame my old teenage self for thinking it looked cool!). I used to use this on the old Portent.net website before it became Warseer and then it slowly fell out of use over time. I figured I'd resurrect it as I am working my way through an Astra Militarum army and the old Hellgun toting Stormtroopers form a central part of it.

I've become steadily more active over the past few years in the wargaming scene, with my main club being Mid-Sussex Wargamers down in East Grinstead. I predominately play Warhammer 40,000 at around 2000 points but I also dabble in Malifaux and Imperial Assault.



My primary army is Dark Eldar as I enjoy the challenge they offer alongside sheer raw speed. As if that wasn't hard enough, my second army is Tempestus Scions but their shortcomings mean I have been working on elevating my Astra Militarum allied detachment to a full-fledged force. You get more options by combining the Scions into a full force as they lack any long range punch or durability.

Anyway, it isn't a wargaming blog without a miniature to show so I present this Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (Apologies for the potato quality, I only have a cameraphone!):



I primarily run him to add a useful Warlord character to my Scions force and add some much needed psychic punch. He also tends to get used in close combat as a cheap sacrifice for any nasty melee units bearing down on the army. I typically run him as follows:


  • Psyker Mastery Level 1
  • Plasma Pistol
  • Force Sword
  • Rad Grenades
The Rad grenades help to offset his mediocre Strength of 3 so he can land a hit with the Force Sword and go for that instant death hit along with being a free power weapon. The Plasma Pistol fits with the rest of the army, and with the right Warlord Trait he might be toting a Strength 8 AP2 weapon around. Also he looks cool (even though I still haven't based him which I have just noticed whilst writing this blog!).

Inquisitors are worth picking up in any Imperial force as they can fill gaps that the army cannot otherwise fulfill. They are easily tailored for any situation, from shooting to melee to throwing psychic nastiness around the table. Just remember, the Inquisition will want a full report in the morning to see what you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment